Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

'Jesus' kicked out of church

  • 5 November 2010, 9:54

'Jesus' kicked out of church

Jesus statue /PA
A man has been kicked out of a church in the US - for dressing as Jesus.
Neil Thompson dresses up like Jesus and goes to a new church every week to spread his Christian message.
But when he got to St Paul's Church in St Louis, Missouri, police were called and he was asked to leave, reports Fox 2 News.
"One of the deacons saw me," he said, "and when I went in the church he met me and he said, 'Can I help you? What do you want?' I said, 'I want to go to church here today'."
Mr Thompson said he was not allowed in the sanctuary. Church members told him he would have to sit in the hallway.
"And I said: 'Well this ain't right, you guys ain't treating me right'. He said: 'We're gonna call the police'. I said: 'Well call them, I don't care. Call them'.
"So I sat down and the next thing I know four or five police showed up."
Police say Mr Thompson will not face charges. He wasn't causing a scene, but they asked him to leave and he did, a spokesman said.

No comments:

Post a Comment